Welcome to the Open edX Conference
The Open edX Conference is produced in collaboration with the Open edX community to discuss topics such as the Open edX learning platform, new research in online learning best practices, and new approaches to collaborative learning. Mark your calendars for March 26–29 and get ready to bask in the glow of sunny Southern California on the campus of UC San Diego.
Registration for the 2019 Open edX Conference is now open!
- Full week pass — Tutorials, Conference, and Developer Summit: $699
- March 26 — Tutorials and in-depth training: $199
- March 27–28 — Early Bird Conference: $549
- March 29 — Developer Summit: $99
Associate Professor, Stanford University
Director of Learning Science, Amazon
Chief Marketing Officer, Linux Foundation
Former Special Assistant to and Spokeswoman for President Barack Obama
Co-founder and Senior Economist
Chief Learning Architect, Sorcero
Co-founder, One Laptop Per Child
Call for Proposals
We welcome you to submit a session proposal for Open edX 2019. The deadline has been extended: proposals are due by December 7, 2018.
We are accepting proposals for 45-minute breakout sessions, 10-minute lightning talks, and 90-minute or 3-hour tutorials/workshops (on Tuesday March 26th). If you have any questions, or would like to discuss other possibilities, please send us an email at email@example.com.
We are particularly interested in proposals in the following areas:
- Towards collaborative learning: blurring the lines between educators, learners and technologists
- Teaching open source collaboration
- Course authoring, production and promotion techniques
- Trends in online learning and training, for instance: online credentials, professional development, lifelong learning
- Analytics & research
- Technical deep dives
- Extending and integrating the platform
- Innovative courses, in particular in higher education, social impact, and professional development & training
Of course we will consider proposals outside of these areas as well, but these are the topics we are projecting for the conference. The deadline has been extended: please submit all proposals by December 7, 2018.
Open edX 2019 Schedule
Tuesday, March 26: Tutorials and in-depth training
Wednesday, March 27: Conference Day 1; evening reception to follow
Thursday, March 28: Conference Day 2
Friday, March 29: Developer Summit
Further details of the event schedule will be released soon!
Hotels and Location
The conference will be on the campus of UC San Diego. Registration is at Center Hall.